I'm Not Surprised You Found This Page!
WARNING: If you get any of these Authentic Pizza Ovens, be prepared for jealousy from friends, family, neighbors, and the random strangers that they tell about your pizza oven!
The rustic beauty of these traditional style pizza ovens is enhanced only by their incredible prices!
All traditional stone Authentic Pizza Ovens are hand-crafted by artisans that have learned the art of oven making through the generations.
These ovens can be used just as well on a countertop or built into the wall of an outdoor kitchen area.
Which Authentic Pizza Oven is Right for You?
There are a lot of choices, but picking the right pizza oven is easier than you think.
Choice 1: Wide Door or Tall Door
Choice 2: Pick a design (I know...this will be difficult because they are all amazing!)
There are two basic door shapes - short and wide or tall and narrower.
The Pizzaioli and Buena Ventura pizza ovens have wider, shorter doors that are considered more traditional. They are best for cooking multiple pizzas at a time because it is easier to manage the pizzas through a wider opening. They also have a lower ceiling to keep the heat down closer to the pizza. Their ceiling is still high enough to be able to bake bread and cook other dishes.
The Lisboa and Ventura pizza ovens have taller, narrower doors that make them more flexible for cooking large food items such as a Thanksgiving turkey. They also have a special hole in the stone and door for a rotisserie (sold separately). Of course, they are also great for making pizza and bread.
Below is a comparison of the dimensions of the two types of ovens (except 'Rustic' models). Keep in mind that each oven is hand-made, so these are approximate measurements.
Wide Door Models (Pizzaioli and Buena Ventura)
Tall Door Models (Lisboa and Ventura)
Rustic Models are a little different
Wide Door Rustic Pizzaioli
Tall Door Rustic Lisboa
All standard models have an iron door that needs regular treatment to keep from rusting. Ovens labeled 'Premium' have a cast aluminum door that will not rust and is highly recommended if you live in humid areas or close to water.
Taller ovens have a double split door so you can open just the lower half of the door to retain more heat. The doors on 'Premium' models have peep holes with a high heat viewing window.
With an Authentic Pizza Oven, your backyard parties will be the talk of the town!
- Friends and family will be in awe over your rustic, pizza oven that was hand-crafted in Portugal!
- You will make pizzas to perfection - they way they were meant to be cooked!
- Lots of room to make more than one pizza at a time with a 31 to 33 inch stone cooking floor.
- Triple insulated to keep hot for hours so you can focus on cooking pizza after pizza with friends and family.
- We also love to make side dishes and desserts in our oven - foods like wood-grilled shrimp or apple crisp really light up a dinner party crowd!
- An outdoor kitchen - especially one with a traditional style wood-fired oven from Authentic Pizza Ovens - will raise the value of your home.
Making pizza together is a social event! Guests find that making the pizza is a highlight of the party!
At most dinner parties, have you noticed the host scrambling around making sure everyone has the food they need? Often the party is not much fun for the host.
Imagine sharing the experience as everyone designs and cooks their own hand-made pizzas? You stop referring to pizzas by what toppings are on them, and instead they are 'Sarah's pizza' or 'Tom's pizza'. It makes eating pizza so much more social and fun when you sample the creations of your friends and family!
At a pizza dinner party, the food is just a part of the entertainment!
Tip 1: Prepare and stretch the dough ahead of time so they just have to add sauce and toppings.
Tip 2: Be creative with your sauce and toppings. Pesto, Olive Oil, and Buffalo sauces are just some of the favorites that will inspire your guests.
Tip 3: Invite guests to make a pizza to share with the group, and encourage everyone to be creative and try the pizzas made by others.
NEXT LEVEL PARTY TIP: Add an extra level of fun and competition by having your guests name their pizzas and label them with tent cards or other creative signs. Making up a name can be just as fun as creating your own pizza masterpiece!
Want more ideas for throwing a Pizza Party? Read our blog post about cooking for a group of people. It will give you ideas to help with pizza parties of all sizes.
Click Here: How To Cook Pizza For a Big Group
How Will You Setup your Pizzaioli pizza oven?
Most Common: Affordable Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
The Pizzaioli is our most traditional pizza oven. Its rustic beauty is very much part of the appeal, so most people flaunt it - not hide it!
Our customers are very creative in how they 'build' the Pizzaioli into their countertop. The most common methods are building a u-shape stand either by stacking landscaping blocks or traditional masonry with brick or stone on the outside.
Stacking Landscaping Blocks
This method is the easiest because it doesn't require mortar - you just stack the blocks in a u-shape that is the right width and depth to support your Pizzaioli.
Because the Pizzaioli base is already a 2.75 inch concrete base, it is its own countertop - making the job even easier and budget friendly. (Shown with the Stone Surround option)
This method can really add style and beauty to the oven - while spending only a little more and putting in some extra effort.
You start by building an inner wall of cinder blocks and mortar. Once that is built, you surround that with brick or stone that fits your style.
Already Have an Outdoor Counter
If you already have an outdoor counter, you can instantly approve its looks and functionality just by setting a Pizzaioli on top - DONE!
Also Common: Built-in Pizza Oven
The traditional Terracotta Brick Arch and the Stone Arch both make stunning faces to your built-in pizza oven.
Built-in pizza oven consoles are as unique as you are. Need help designing one? Contact our team at email@example.com or 480-939-1868 to get started. Please have dimensions of your backyard space ready.
Things to Consider
The Pizzaioli weighs about 1,200 pounds, so you have to make sure of two things:
1. Your countertop is built to support that weight
2. You have a method to get this oven on top of your counter. The Pizzaioli is manufactured with steel eyelets in each corner which allow for easy hoisting. If you (or a buddy) don't have an engine hoist, shop crane, or some other method to lift this up, you may have to rent or buy one for this project (or get lots of buddies).
Hot! Hot! Hot!
Triple insulated with brick, Rockwool insulation, and refractory cement keeps the inside of the oven hot for several hours - minimizing the need to add wood during the cooking process.
Our friend, Chef Brad, even suggests using the lasting heat to simmer slow-cook meals that need lower heat for extended time. For example, after cooking pizza he'll put a roast in overnight and it will be perfectly cooked in the morning.
All Authentic Pizza Ovens require a cover to protect them from the elements (unless built-in). You can add the cover at the checkout page.
Pizza is just the beginning! Included with your oven is a beautiful Portuguese ceramic baking dish - perfect for foods such as chicken, roasts, veggies, casseroles, desserts and much more. Try baking bread in the oven and you’ll struggle to use any other oven again.
- Weights & Dimensions Are Not Exact As Each Oven Is Handmade.
- 39" W x 26" H x 39" D OUTSIDE
- 33" W x 15" H x 33" D INSIDE
- 19.7" W x 10.6" H Door
- 5.5” W x 6” H Chimney
- Overall Product Weight is about 1200 lbs.
- Chimney: 6” spout with damper. (Pipe extensions and cap available separately).
- Ceramic Baking Dish: (10 x 14.5” x 3”)
- Thermometer (0-500c)
- Ultrafire: Patch kit to address superficial cracks that will develop.
- Please allow 10 days for your order to arrive. We source products from all over the world to bring you epic offers and the lowest prices. This means sometimes you have to wait a little longer to get your order but it's always worth it!
- Returns are easy, simply contact us for a returns number and send your item to our returns center for fast processing. We'll get you a replacement or refund in a snap!